You could also
- Email Bill English
- Ask your MP (find your MP by changing the view all filter to your electorate here – click here to find your electorate) what their position is on selling reserves for housing. Here is a sample letter:
- Who do you usually vote for? Check what their policy is on selling reserves for houses and let the party know how your vote will be affected.
- Download a Poster to share with your community.
- Subscribe to our newsletter below and we will keep you up to date with more things you can do to save our reserves.
- SUPPORT OUR PARKS AND RESERVES CHAMPIONS THE ENVIRONMENTAL DEFENSE SOCIETY AND FOREST & BIRD
I am writing to you in relation to the Point England Development Enabling Bill.
I am concerned that this Bill seeks to take away public open green space to use it for a housing development.
Auckland is undergoing a major population boom at the moment. With such a significant increase in population, public open green space will become more and more important. Once public green space is lost, it is lost forever. We have an obligation to preserve it for future generations.
I am worried that this Bill sets a dangerous precedent and that, if the Government is successful in taking away the Point England Reserve, it will look to other reserves in Auckland that can be used for houses.
I agree that we need to address the housing crisis, but there are other ways of doing so. I urge the Government to preserve Auckland’s public open space for our children and grandchildren.
We are currently asking Denise Lee to take a stand.
Text or email her “No houses on parks & sportsfields” 021 629 648 firstname.lastname@example.org